little prince小王子 Chapter 3

Level/难度等级:  Level 3   专业, ESL BC, CEFR ,       B1B2;国内:初中 高中,词汇:446个

mp3/听力:慢速

关注公众号听音频

关注公众号听音频

It took me a long time to learn where he came from. The little prince, who asked me so many questions, never seemed to hear the ones I asked him. It was from words dropped by chance that, little by little, everything was revealed to me.

我费了老大劲儿才弄清楚他是何方神圣。小王子向了我很多问题,可是,对我提出的问题,他好象压根没有听见似的。他不经意间透露的一些话才让我慢慢弄明白。

The first time he saw my airplane, for instance (I shall not draw my airplane; that would be much too complicated for me), he asked me:

比如,当他第一次看到我的飞机时(飞机这种图对我来说太过复杂,我就不画了),他问道:

“What is that object?”

    “那是什么东西??”
   

“That is not an object. It flies. It is an airplane. It is my airplane.”

“那不是‘东西’。它会飞。它是一架飞机。是我的飞机。”
  And I was proud to have him learn that I could fly.

我很自豪地透露我能飞。

He cried out, then:

于是他叫起来:
   

“What! You dropped down from the sky?”

“啊?你是从天上掉下来的?”

“Yes,” I answered, modestly.

“是的”。我谦逊地答道。

“Oh! That is funny!”

    “哦!这真滑稽。”
And the little prince broke into a lovely peal of laughter, which irritated me very much. I like my misfortunes to be taken seriously.

小王子笑出声。这让我很不悦。我希望别人对我的不幸持严肃的态度。
Then he added:

接着,他又说道:

“So you, too, come from the sky! Which is your planet?” “那么,你也是从天上来的了!你是哪个星球上的?”
   At that moment I caught a gleam of light in the impenetrable mystery of his presence; and I demanded, abruptly:

在那一瞬间,对于他的来历之谜我隐约发现了一点线索;于是,我就突然问道:
“Do you come from another planet?”

“你是从另一个星球上来的吗?”
But he did not reply. He tossed his head gently, without taking his eyes from my plane:    

可是他不回答我的问题。他一面看着我的飞机,一面微微地点点头,接着说道:       
 “It is true that on that you can’t have come from very far away…”   

“乘坐这玩艺儿,你不可能从很远的地方来的…”
  

And he sank into a reverie, which lasted a long time. Then, taking my sheep out of his pocket, he buried himself in the contemplation of his treasure.  

说到这里,他就长时间地陷入沉思之中。然后,从口袋里掏出了我画的小羊,看着他的宝贝入了神。
You can imagine how my curiosity was aroused by this half-confidence about the “other planets.” I made a great effort, therefore, to find out more on this subject.    

你们可以想象这种关于“别的星球”的隐隐约约的话语使我心里多么好奇。因此我竭力地想知道其中更多的奥秘。
“My little man, where do you come from? What is this ‘where I live,’ of which you speak? Where do you want to take your sheep?”   

“你是从哪里来的,我的小家伙?你的家在什么地方?你要把我的小羊带到哪里去?”
   

After a reflective silence he answered:

他沉思了一会,然后回答我说:
  “The thing that is so good about the box you have given me is that at night he can use it as his house.”

“好在有你给我的那只箱子,夜晚可以给小羊当房子用。”
“That is so. And if you are good I will give you a string, too, so that you can tie him during the day, and a post to tie him to.”    

 “那当然。如果你听话的话,我再给你画一根绳子,白天可以栓住它。再加上一根扦杆。”
  But the little prince seemed shocked by this offer:

我的建议看来有点使小王子反感。
   “Tie him! What a queer idea!”

“栓住它,多么奇怪的主意。”
“But if you don’t tie him,” I said, “he will wander off somewhere, and get lost.”

“如果你不栓住它,它就到处跑,那么它会跑丢的。”
   My friend broke into another peal of laughter:

我朋友又笑了:
“But where do you think he would go?”

“你想要它跑到哪里去呀?”
  “Anywhere. Straight ahead of him.”  

“不管什么地方。它一直往前跑…”
 Then the little prince said, earnestly:

这时,小王子郑重其事地说:
 “That doesn’t matter. Where I live, everything is so small!”   

 “这没有什么关系,我那里很小很小。”
And, with perhaps a hint of sadness, he added:  

接着,他略带伤感地又补充了一句:
“Straight ahead of him, nobody can go very far…”    

“一直朝前走,也不会走出多远…”

发表回复

您的电子邮箱地址不会被公开。